Premier Communication Electronics Ltd (PCE) was formed in Exeter in the mid 1970’s and has developed into an industry leading, award winning, modern day company with vast experience in the Radio & Mobile Communications market.
Due to continued growth, we are expanding our highly skilled team and can offer a great full-time opportunity for a qualified/experienced Senior Vehicle Installation Technician based in the South West.
As a Senior Vehicle Installation Technician, various duties will include the assistance in the day-to-day management of our Installation Department.
Skills & Experience
- A well organised individual with excellent inter-personal skills
- Experience in the installation and support of vehicle electronic systems to FCS1362 & FITAS standards and able to train colleagues to this standard
- Installation of covert blues and twos systems in emergency service vehicles
- Installation and maintenance of in-vehicle communication solutions such as Encrypted Voice, Secure Mobile Data, Satellite Navigation, CCTV, Tracking/Telematics, On-Board Monitoring systems, Emergency Warning Systems (Blue Light) and Handsfree Equipment
- Management of support and installation stock
- Oversee Workshop Health and Safety and conduct Engineers “Tool Box” talks
- Ensure Field Support Engineers complete and submit appropriate paperwork
- Liaise with Company Management and Customers as required
- To comply with working procedures and be able to assist in the completion of vehicle installation design documentation
- Ideally have an HNC / HND in electronic communications, proven experience in maintaining and installing vehicle electronic systems preferably in an emergency services environment and FITAS or FCS 1362 qualifications. A good working and practical experience is essential
- Full UK Driving Licence & no criminal convictions
Salary £27,000+ depending on experience.
Uniform, Smart Phone, Ipad, and Laptop provided.
Company Funded FITAS Accreditation Scheme.
Company vehicle for business purposes with fuel card.
Flexible working availability.
Holiday 28 days (inc. Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days
On-Site Parking and Canteen Facilities.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please forward your CV and covering letter to Andy Trout by email: Andy.Trout@pce-uk.com