Premier Communication Electronics (PCE) is an award-winning communication provider. We have over 40 years’ experience in designing, supplying, installing and maintaining communication solutions for a wide range of public and private sector organisations. Read more about our history and what we do >
Due to continued growth, we are expanding our highly skilled team and can offer a great opportunity for a full-time qualified/experienced Vehicle Installation Technician based in various locations in the South West. The position varies between being field based, and working within our Exeter workshops.
Skills & Experience
- A well organised individual with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in the installation and support of vehicle electronic systems to FCS1362 & FITAS standards.
- Installation of covert blues and twos systems in emergency service vehicles and the amber light marketplace
- Installation and maintenance of in-vehicle communication solutions such as Encrypted Voice, Secure Mobile Data, Satellite Navigation, CCTV, Tracking/Telematics, On-Board Monitoring systems, Emergency Warning Systems (Blue Light) and Handsfree Equipment.
- Ideally have an HNC/HND in electronic communications, and/or proven experience in maintaining and installing vehicle electronic systems. FITAS or FCS 1362 qualifications, although training can be given. A good working and practical experience is essential.
- Full UK driving licence and no criminal convictions
- Salary £20,000- £28,000 (plus bonus scheme) depending on experience
- Uniform, Smartphone, Ipad, and laptop provided
- Company funded FITAS accreditation scheme
- Company vehicle for business purposes with fuel card
- Flexible working availability
- Holiday 28 days (inc. bank holidays) increasing to 31 days
- Pension scheme
- On-site parking and canteen facilities
- We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please forward your CV and covering letter to Andy Trout by email: Andy.Trout@pce-uk.com